The Cabinet Face wouldn’t be what it is today without the support of our hand-selected team. What inspires us is bringing our passion into customers’ lives, making a real difference to the way they live, and doing it with social and environmental responsibility.
Our core values include giving the best level of customer service, delivering on time, and getting it right the first time – that means never cutting corners or leaving a detail behind. The Cabinet Face is all about taking pride in the end result and doing what it takes to get the job done. We’re looking for a new team member that believes in our vision and will never stop learning.
Current Job Openings
Wood Finisher/ Shop Worker | (Full time) + paid vacation
The role of the Wood Finisher/ Shop worker will involve keeping the shop space and tools clean and operational, mixing the finish properly, applying the finish to the parts properly and as taught, keeping track of parts, edgebanding, cutting parts and packing projects. We will need you to be able to follow the processes that are set for the shop so that there is always clear communication between the shop and the sales team. You will be required to lift and move heavy parts by yourself without damaging them.
If you are interested in being a part of a growing organization that is local in spirit but national in scope, then we would like to talk with you.
Woodworking experience is required
We are a wood shop that produces parts for the IKEA cabinet systems. We do not yet produce full cabinets. We are looking for an individual who has shop experience and a high level of understanding of cabinetry and an aching desire to produce the perfect product in a well communicated, clean and well organized way. Your duties will include needing to step in to other parts of production when needed and so you will need to have a knowledge of woodworking and the ability to accomplish higher skilled woodworking tasks.
This is a full time job. Wages will start between $15-$17/hr, depending on experience. There will be a 90 day introductory period where you will be expected to show tangible growth and understanding of the job. As a full time employee you will also get 80hrs of PTO and 6 paid holidays a year. We currently do not offer any health coverage or retirement.
Responsibilities (what you will be doing OR trained to do)
- Wood finishing, with an Air Assisted Airless
- All finishing will be done on flat parts, not assembled cabs.
- Critical thinking and Problem solving!
- Parts management – (e.g. marking and tracking)
- Time tracking
- Cleaning your space and your tools
- Stamina with lifting and moving parts safely is needed
- Happy and willing to work alone and as a team to safely and accurately complete tasks
- Shop cleanup – detail does not stop at building
- Precise work – Finishing, measuring, sanding, cutting, etc
- Familiarity with a tape measure alongside decimal and fractional conversions
- Sanding parts
- Cutting parts, as needed
Some possible things about you (who you are)
- You are clean and organized!
- You want to feel good about the job you do because it helps others, and makes them feel good
- You enjoy making sure things get done right
- You look for ways to improve procedures
- You are self motivated and like using your body
- You have a positive attitude and willingness to get the job done
- You want to be part of something meaningful to peoples lives
- You want to help build it and make it better
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You enjoy working
- You have the ability to work 8-10 hrs a day 4-6 days a week. (we will sometimes need you to work overtime)
What is the Next Step?
We don’t need to see your resume yet. Please do not send it and please do not call. For now, just email us answers to the following questions to email@example.com. Short answers are fine – we don’t expect you to spend two hours on these:
- How is this position a fit for you?
- What would you get out of working in the environment described here?
- What are the three biggest strengths you could bring to us?
- Where do you want to go with your life (career is a part of life, not separate)?
- What’s the one thing standing in your way to getting you to where you want to go?
The Cabinet Face provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.